Come and Try at Phillip Island - Saturday 8th December 2018
If you have ever wished you could actually drive your BMW around the Phillip Island racetrack, then this is the perfect event for you!
· Normal roadworthy cars are acceptable
· You do NOT need a CAMS licence – an introductory licence will be processed as part of the entry
BMWCCV is participating in this event organized by the Marque Sports Car Association of Victoria (MSCA).
BMWCCV will be sponsoring up to 15 BMWCCV participants to enter by subsidizing their event entry costs.
Normal entry fee is $235.
BMWCCV sponsored driver’s entry fee is $100 only.
At this stage the 15 sponsored spots have been taken. You can still register on the Waitlist on the BMWCCV WA portal under events but in addition you will still need to book on the MSCA / CAMS site.
The choices from here are:
- Pay full price, $235.00 and go anyway, or
- Pay full price and hope that someone drops out and you get promoted from Waitlisted to Registered / Sponsored (assuming you meet the entrance criteria). You will then receive a refund ($135) after the event.
In summary, requirements for BMWCCV sponsorship are:
1) You have not entered a SuperSprint or CAMS/AASA event before
2) You are a financial member of the BMWCCV
3) You register on the BMWCCV events portal and are approved for sponsorship/ entry fee reimbursement
4) You complete all MSCA registration and participation requirements .
The MSCA event is open on a ‘first come first served’ basis and the BMWCCV cannot guarantee places will be available for long - so register with MSCA early.
Entry closes on: Friday November 30th 2018 at 5PM
MSCA Registration page
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS on how to apply for sponsorship and to register with MSCA and CAMS for the event
The event will be held at Phillip Island Grand Prix Circuit, on Saturday December 8th, 2018, 4.45km per lap in an anticlockwise direction.
The event will consist of:
1) Three compulsory information sessions will be scheduled for all Come and Try Competitors throughout the morning program
2) two un-timed, non-competitive instruction sessions
3) two untimed solo sessions of up to 15 minutes.
Participants are provided with a Come and Try Manual before the event, to familiarize themselves with the vehicle requirements, and what they need to bring on the day.
The maximum number of cars in any session will not exceed the approved track density limit of 26 cars, but will mostly likely be limited to 20.
Circuit laps are scheduled to start at the completion of the first information session. Drivers will be required to sign an instruction briefing attendance register before doing track sessions.
A Driver’s Instructor/Passenger Session Briefing is scheduled for 08:30. Cars will be scrutineered. Attendance is compulsory.
In short, all participants will be required to be at the circuit before 8.00am.
The Entry limit is 80 cars in the Come and Try Program and 26 MSCA invited instructor passenger sessions.
Once the Entry Limit is reached, all future entrants will be placed on a reserve list and advised by email of the status of their entry.
Entrants will be advised by email of their allocated car number and allocated run group by 10AM on Wednesday 5th December 2018.
Numbers will be supplied as part of the Entry Fee.
Come and Try Entrants must adhere the sponsor supplied door decals to both doors of their vehicles. These decals have the car number printed on them.
VEHICLE REQUIREMENTS (SUMMARY)
For full details, see the Supplementary Regulations
1) As this is an untimed non-competitive event with the appropriate manned flag point’s, fire extinguishers are NOT required. Where fitted, a fire extinguisher must comply with Australian Standards 1841
2) All loose objects must be removed from the vehicle before being scrutineered.
BMWCCV can provide some helmets and our motorsport members will be at the circuit on the day for encouragement and advice.
Add to my calendar