Would you like to experience the fun of 'driving' a full motion virtual reality simulator and develop your driving skills?
Want to take a 'BMW' for a spin around a virtual 'Phillip Island Race Circuit'?
BMWCCV is offering 20 fully subsidized half hour simulator sessions at Southbank (normally $75 each).
You can choose your preferred time slot between 10am and 4pm on any of five nominated days being Fridays, Saturdays or Sundays in September, October or November 2021.
Please note that dates at the Simulator are under review and potentially being moved to November 2021 due to Covid restrictions.
IF SELECTED for a BMWCCV SUBSIDY for simulator training you will:
- Need to pay the Motum fee of $75 yourself upfront
- Be reimbursed AFTER ATTENDING the simulator session via bank direct deposit.
Full fee paying (non-subsidised) members, family and friends are welcome to attend with you too.
The simulators will be set up as a BMW car and enable you to feel like you are really driving at the iconic Phillip Island International Race circuit.
For those who are also planning to attend the November 20th ‘Come and Try’ day, and drive a real car on the real race track, the simulator training will provide a great opportunity to get some advance familiarity with the Phillip Island circuit.
To apply for a BMWCCV SUBSIDY, you need to:
- REGISTER on the BMWCCV events portal and apply for a subsidy code
- If selected for a subsidy, you will be sent a SUBSIDY CODE via BMWCCV email to provide to Motum when book your half hour session with them.
- To BOOK YOUR SIMULATOR SESSION, contact Motum directly and book into a time slot between 10am and 4pm on any one of the following dates:
Some of the original dates below in grey are unlikely to be possible due to restrictions. We are hoping for new dates in November.
Motum will advise new dates as soon as there is some clarity from Government and will be in touch with those who've already booked with them.
- Saturday 18th September 2021 (cancelled due to Covid)
- Sunday 3rd October 2021 (probably cancelled)
- Friday 15th October 2021 (probably cancelled)
- Saturday 30th October 2021
- Sunday 14th November 2021
Contact Motum Simulation at:
(03) 9078 -6682 or email@example.com
Selection criteria include:
Financial BMWCCV member status
Women and young men are a priority group for Victorian Government Funding
BMWCCV acknowledges the support of the Victorian Government.
For further details contact Sheryl Lumb on 0408 031 999 or David Lumb on 0409 535 727 or email